Yumeshima Organization to Create New Industry and City
March 18, 2020
Yumeshima Organization to Create New Industry and City was established (as a transfer from Yumeshima New Industry Development Association).
Purpose of Establishment
It is our goal to achieve synergy among the Expo, growth-oriented IR and the development of the Yumeshima community, where the Osaka-Kansai World Exposition will be held, and to grow sustainably as an innovative resort that attracts people from all over the world, with growth-oriented IR continuing to play a central role even after the Expo. To this end, the Organization strives to create a city of the future through co-creation among industry, academia and governments, and to create new services, new businesses, and new technologies through diverse collaborations in the IR industry, the tourism and culture industries, as well as the health and medical care industry.
At the same time, we will contribute to the economic and social progress and prosperity of Osaka, Kansai and Japan by deepening mutual awareness and exchange among members.
The objectives of the Organization shall be as follows.
(1) Establishment of an open innovation center and sustainable ecosystem to promote the creation of new industries and future cities through international industry-academia-government co-creation in cooperation with the Expo and growth-oriented IR
(2) Research on the ideal form of the development of the Yumeshima community using the Expo and growth-oriented IR, as well as on the image of future societies, including new values, social and economic systems, with an eye to 2050
(3) Creation of a system that contributes to harmonious coexistence with local communities, industrial development, attraction of visitors, and local revitalization through the IR industry, as well as the promotion of partnerships, and the establishment of a procurement platform that includes small and medium-sized companies
In order to contribute to the objectives of the Organization, the Organization shall conduct the following business projects.
(1) Surveys, research and proposals on various subjects related to the Expo, growth-oriented IR, and the development of the Yumeshima community
(2) Establishment and operation of an open innovation center for industry-academia-government co-creation and the creation of the ecosystem
(3) Support for the demonstration, implementation and commercialization of new technologies and services through industry-academia-government co-creation
(4) Coordination and cooperation with related parties, the national government, local governments, economic organizations, and others involved in the Expo, growth-oriented IR and the development of the Yumeshima community
(5) Sharing information on the business projects of the Organization, holding symposiums and lectures, as well as arranging mutual study and exchange opportunities among members
(6) Other business projects necessary to achieve the objectives of the Organization
Board Members at the Time of Establishment
Takako Igaki, President and Chief Executive Officer, Healthy City Design Institute Inc.
Hiroyuki Fukano: Former Co-Chairperson, Kansai Association of Corporate Executives
Shingo Torii: Representative Director, Vice Chairman of the Board, Suntory Holdings Limited
Vice-Chair, The Osaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Akihiro Kuroda: Chairman, Kokuyo Co., Ltd. / Vice-Chair, The Osaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Isao Teshirogi: President and CEO, Shionogi & Co., Ltd. / Vice-Chair, The Osaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Shinichi Fukushima: Chairperson of the Board of Trustees and CEO, University Public Corporation Osaka
Chairman, Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau
Kunihiko Ukifune: Chairperson of the Jikei Group of Colleges
Keiji Kakumoto: Director and Deputy President, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Takeo Obayashi: Chairman of the Board, Obayashi Corporation
【Auditors at the Time of Establishment】
Michihiro Saito: Representative, Institute for Political and Economic Studies
Toshio Fukushima: Representative and Lawyer, Kobo Law Firm